Point in Time Count
February 1 @ 8:00 am - February 2 @ 5:00 pmFree
We are still actively recruiting for volunteers for this year’s Unsheltered Point In Time (PIT) Count of persons experiencing homelessness in Ada County. Thanks to all of you that have replied and volunteered; we greatly appreciate it! The sheltered PIT will occur January 31st and the unsheltered PIT will occur for the two days following on February 1st and 2nd to find out where individuals/households may have been sleeping on the night of January 31st.
- We have a couple of the scheduled meal times covered for February 1st and 2nd, but still need volunteers at the following locations:
- Meal Site Locations and Times
- River of Life Community Meal on February 1st and February 2nd at 5:00pm (575 S. 13th) – 2 volunteers needed for each night
- First Presbyterian Friendship Dinner on February 1st at 6:00pm (950 W. State Street) – 2 volunteers needed
- St. Vincent de Paul Community Supper on February 1st at 6:00pm (3209 Overland) – 1 more volunteer needed
- All Saints Episcopal Community Supper on February 2nd at 6:00pm (704 Latah Street) – 1 more volunteer needed
- Other locations available on either February 1st or February 2nd at any time that is convenient for you (please specify in email back to Alissa) – all locations still need volunteers at various times on both days
- Albertsons on Vista
- Albertsons on State
- Winco on Myrtle
- Winco in Meridian
- Walmart on Overland
- Walmart / Sportsman’s Warehouse in Meridian
- Main Library
- Hillcrest Library
- Meridian Library
- Garden City Library
- Meal Site Locations and Times
- We are asking that you RSVP to Alissa Parrish (email@example.com), our HMIS Lead, as soon as possible with the location and date you prefer to survey. Please note that this will be on a volunteer first come, first served basis, so if we need to direct you to a different location from the one you prefer, please consider being open to that. When you RSVP to Alissa, she will send you information to complete the Volunteer Waiver Form.
- To access the Unsheltered Point in Time Count information, please go to: https://www.icalliances.org/2018-point-in-time-and-housing-inventory-count. This page includes a section dedicated to the “Unsheltered Point in Time Count” and has several resources available, including:
- A training video available for your review anytime on how to complete the online Unsheltered Count form.
- The electronic version of the Unsheltered Count Form. We are collecting the surveys electronically this year! You must have access to a smart phone or tablet.
- The Unsheltered Count Paper Form, for use if / when mobile devices / tablets fail (please only use this form in situations where technology fails – we want to capture the data in the online form as much as possible).
- An Unsheltered Count Visual Guide that walks you through the steps in completing the Unsheltered Count form.
- ICA will also provide a live training on Monday, January 29th at Boise City Hall at 9:00am and 2:00pm in the Greenbelt Room on the 3rdfloor.
Again, we thank you for your involvement in the 2018 Point in Time Unsheltered Count and we look forward to having an accurate count of persons experiencing homelessness within Ada County!
HMIS Project Manager