What You Can Do
1. Sign up for our email distribution list
2. Become a member of the Coalition. Membership is $35 for an individual, and $40 for organizations. Download membership form
3. Spread the word.
Show your support for ending homelessness in Ada County by purchasing a Housing First pin ($10) and End Homelessness in Ada County T-shirt ($10). To order, contact boise.ada.HC@gmail.com.
4. Talk to elected officials
Let elected officials know you’d like to see Housing First solutions. Demand an end to government measures to criminalize homelessness.
City of Boise, Mayor’s Office...........(208) 384-4404
Ada County Commissioners……….….(208) 287-7000
Governor’s Office……………………...….(208) 334-2100
5. Be an advocate.
Participate in public hearings where ordinances that criminalize homeless are being considered by local governments and advocate for Housing First solutions with local governments. If you sign-up for our email distribution list we will notify you when public input is invited by local governments and the State of Idaho.
Hear testimony delivered by Henry Krewer, a long-time advocate for the homeless in Boise. Henry's presentation was one of many before the Idaho Housing Finance Association (IHFA) and the Idaho Department of Commerce in a public hearing on October 22, 2014.
6. Register to vote.
Contact the Coalition or the ACLU of Idaho for a Voter Registration form, or print one yourself: http://www.idahovotes.gov/vinfo.htm
7. Get informed & stay in touch.
We can end homelessness in Boise and Ada County.
Email boise.ada.HC@gmail.com to join our email list.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HousingFirstAda.
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomelessCoalitionBoise
Homeless Coalition member agencies welcome and value volunteer energy. Please contact them directly.
9. Participate in the January 2015 Point in Time Count.
Volunteer for the count by sending an email to one of the following people, w/subject line: Volunteering for 2015 point in time count.
• Boise / Ada County: Email Beth Geagan, City of Boise Continuum of Care, email@example.com. (208) 863-7029
• Balance of State: Email Sheri Cook, Balance of State Continuum of Care, SheriC@ihfa.org. (208) 331-4754
Cc us on your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Participate in the annual Walk A Mile in My Shoes Event
View slideshow from most recent event
The "HOUSING FIRST/END HOMELESSNESS" pin was designed to convey this simple message clearly in a beautiful, yet simple way. The colors (red, white and blue) symbolize America's military veterans that are homeless. The "house" is also an upward turned "arrow", an expression that we can do better, and must, if we are to end homelessness.