Corpus Christi House
- Corpus Christi encourages all agencies to send in their needs and highlights since many people/agencies are looking at them.
- Makes it very easy to see agency announcements and needs since they’re all posted in one area
- Informing donors to look at this site for immediate needs.
- Corpus has been seeing less guests these past few weeks – many staying at local motels.
- Typically peak at 130 at lunchtime
- Weekly Clarification Meeting on Fridays. Feel free to come or provide us with news and we’ll announce at this meeting. Our Path case managers typically attend and provide updates. Announcements usually occur around 11:30 (before lunch) and Corpus typically has between 75-130 guests present.
- Working with local non-profits on a faster response for mental crisis
- Looking for a garage to help support auto repairs. We have mechanics just need a place to perform repairs. These repairs are for guests who have been vetted by any local non-profit on requiring the auto repair support.
- Can always use factory reset cell phones, tablets or laptop computers. These devices are used in our Step-Up computer room and for guests needing these devices.
- Scam Using Homeless to cash fake checks –
- They are driving out of state rental cars.
- Pose as construction company needing help in cashing checks.
- Offer cloths, phone and cash to sign and cash checks (which are fake).
- Illegal for guests to cash these checks and they can be prosecuted.
Corpus Christi Needs
- Men’s underwear (Med, L, XL, XXL, XXXL)
- Women’s underwear & Bras (SM, Med, L, XL, XXL)
- Cough drops
- Men’s winter coats (1 -2 coats size 4XL)
- Sleeping bags
- Men and women’s winter clothing: jackets, long underwear, hats, gloves,
- Winter boots and tennis shoes
- Winter gloves
- Ceramic coffee cups
- Men’s clothing: pants, shirts, hoodies, and sweatshirts
- Men’s underwear (size XL, XXL, and XXXL)
- Men’s pants (all sizes)
- Women’s clothing: pants, shirts, hoodies, and sweatshirts
- Women’s pants (size 7 – 16)
- Women’s underwear and bra
- Belts (men and women)
- College ruled spiral notebooks and pens/pencils
- 10 oz. Styrofoam cups
- Reusable water bottles or coffee cups
Toiletries, cold relief products, bath towels
- Pocket size Kleenex packs
- Men’s shaving cream and disposable razors
- Travel size soap and shampoo
- Medical supplies: small packet of antibacterial cream
- Chap stick and travel size body lotion
- Ensure all donated clothing items are clean.
- Place items in a plastic bag or cardboard box
- Donations can be dropped off at Corpus Christi House Monday – Saturday 9:00AM – 4:00PM
The mission of Corpus Christi House is to offer hospitality and services to those in need in the city of Boise.
We strive to:
Deliver to the homeless, poor, and disadvantaged the virtues of hospitality, friendship, and love in God’s image.
We work to:
Deliver care and compassion today, so as to grow hope for tomorrow in the lives of the less fortunate.
We encourage and hope:
Help those who are able get back on their feet by:
- Providing access to educational opportunities
- Assisting in the work search process
- Providing for daily needs
We try to:
Provide services with the intent of easing the burdens of homelessness such as:
- Mail services
- Provide access to a telephone, restrooms, and showers
- Inform our guests of services provided by other local agencies.